Due to the increasing health risks posed by COVID-19 exposure, we are making some changes to how we are conducting our real estate photo and video shoots for the foreseeable future.
First of all, we appreciate the delicate balance between taking precautions to reduce possible exposure to the virus and keeping business moving forward. We appreciate the difficult position that this crisis has put us all in. We love serving our clients and being a part of their success. Nothing makes us happier! However, we have all felt the impacts of this current disruption. Public health must come first. Therefore, after very careful thought and consideration we have put together the following changes to how we will be working with you until the health threat has passed.
1) We are taking steps to keep from inadvertently bringing contagion into our client’s properties. Before and after every photo/video session we carefully wash our hands with soap and water, as well as sanitizing our equipment before and after every shoot. We are wearing new protective gloves and replacing these after every session. We began this practice March 16th.
2) Beginning immediately we will only accept new appointments for photo/video sessions for unoccupied properties. That means if anyone is currently living in the property, we will NOT be shooting in that property. We will no longer be booking any a new appointments within occupied properties until further notice. For those photo and video sessions that have already been booked, we will gladly honor those bookings and ask that the occupants not be present for the duration of the photoshoot. We understand that this may be an inconvenience, but we must insist on this precaution. If occupants are present at time of booking and are unwilling/unable to leave, we will be forced to either cancel the booking or reschedule for a time that they will be able to be absent for the duration of the session.
3) We request that the property be prepared before we arrive for the shoot (lights on, fans off, blinds/shutters/curtains open, etc.) We will be shooting the property as is, and will not be handling light switches, blinds, or door knobs. In addition to the prep list items provided below, please have all interior doors open to all rooms ready to photographed. If a door is closed, we will take it to mean that that space behind the door is not intended to the photographed. The goal is to minimize exposure to the virus that may be present. There will be no reshoots due to properties not being properly prepared.
4) We also ask that homeowners wipe down / disinfect exterior door knobs prior to our arrival. The less we have to hendle, the smaller the chance contagion might be transferred.
5) Occupants are asked to be off premises before our arrival. We ask that a key or lockbox code be provided, or the agent may be present to unlock the property upon our arrival.
We love working with you and your sellers. These are difficult policies, but the threat is real and the number of infections is expected to exponentially increase in the days and weeks to come. We hope that by doing our part, we can contribute to the fight against this virus, while doing what we can to continue serving our clients.
Modified Real Estate Photography Prep Checklist
PRIOR TO SESSION
- All lights ON (inside and outside); Replace broken/missing bulbs
- All ceiling fans OFF
- All blinds/shutters/curtains open or pulled up
- Toilet seats closed
- Personal care items not visible
- Trash/recycle bins not visible
- No cars in driveway
- Children, pets, and pet items put away
- Photos of people put out of view
- Wipe down / disinfect exterior door knobs
- Please have all interior doors open to all rooms ready to photographed
- Occupants are asked to be off premises before our arrival. We ask that a key or lockbox code be provided prior to our arrival, or the agent may be required to unlock the property upon our arrival.