Ingage Marketing Agency (a.k.a. Ingage Advertising Agency) is a full-service marketing agency based in Greenville, North Carolina, providing creative brand development, effective marketing strategy, and stunning visual imagery to businesses and organizations in eastern North Carolina and beyond. Ingage is looking for motivated individuals to fill valuable positions on its team. Internship positions are available for Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
The internship offers valuable experience and mentoring through direct participation in the activities of the agency. As a member of the digital marketing team, you will enjoy working in a stimulating and creative environment. In addition to carrying out the duties listed below, members participate in regular creative brainstorming sessions, and may be asked to take on a special project. Members are encouraged to investigate current trends and develop new ideas. Many of these ideas have the potential to be incorporated into various projects. Team members are provided with their own workspaces. These are work-for-hire contracted internships (not payroll), and interns are hired as independent contractors for the duration of the internship. Inters are also asked to provide their own laptop computers and software. If an intern does not have a suitable laptop or software, company owned computers are available for use. Travel is not required for this position.
DUTIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Copywriting for various marketing materials, including print, web, email and social media
- Assist with updates and creation of new content for various websites and other digital marketing communications
- Develop scripts and co-produce (w/ editing staff) video blogs and other multimedia productions
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions with the creative team
- Assist with proofreading and other quality control practices for various projects
- Occasional administrative tasks Optional Duties (Opportunities exist for candidates to involve themselves in these related activities. These are not requirements for this position, but may be considered):
- Photography and multimedia creation (Photography, Video, and Audio)
- Assist with the graphic design, layout and pre-press of various print publications (brochures, posters, hand-outs, mailers, promotional items, etc.)
- Various market research and planning
Interest in marketing and communications; gregarious personality; ability to work independently; course work in marketing, public relations, journalism, or communications; background research, writing, and editing skills; familiarity with the Associated Press Stylebook; familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style; understanding of major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.); Basic graphic design abilities; Microsoft Word; familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite Optional Skills (These skills are added benefits, but not required for this position): Photography and Multimedia production: Understanding and experience with DSLR photography or videography, Adobe Creative Suite.
Please email email@example.com to schedule an interview. Please include a cover letter, resume, list of references with contact info, unofficial college transcript, and 2-3 writing samples. Hours Per Week: 6-9 hours per week; 15 weeks per semester. Paid and for-credit-only internship positions available.